Printable program: Fall 2018 [pdf]
WomenExplore brings you more more thoughtful, original and provocative lectures:
In the Fall 2018 series we are pursuing the theme
The Temptation to be Unethical Luis Ramirez speaks from his personal experience.
Civil and Uncivil Disobedience
Candice Delmas, associate professor of philosophy and political science, Northeastern University, author of A Duty to Resist: When Disobedience Should Be Uncivil.
Domestic Violence: Changing Cultural Norms
Marcia Boehlke speaks from her personal experience.
Lee Clasper-Torch, Men's Engagement Coordinator for the Rhode Island Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Ten Men facilitator.
WomenExplore meets at the Democracy Center on 45 Mt Auburn St. The Democracy Center is partially wheelchair accessible; there is no wheelchair accessible bathroom on site, (but there is an accessible bathroom available nearby). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617 492 8855 as needed for more information on accessibility. Check out the space here: democracycenter.org
For the lectures, we validate parking at University Place Garage, 124 Mt. Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 (entrance on University Road) for a small discount.
Limited metered parking is available in surrounding streets for up to two hours.
• The Fall 2018 series is underway!
• The first event of the day, from 10-11 am, will be Reflections, a discussion circle in which we will be talking about how the topic of the previous week has played out in our lives. I hope you will join us as it is always interesting to share our thoughts and in so doing learn about each other's life experiences. (Tea and coffee will be available.)
• Registration begins at 11 am and continues until 12.15 pm.
• The more formal portion of the forum begins at 11.30 am with a short personal focus usually given by one of our participants.
• This is followed by the main lecture with a short Q&A period from 12 noon to 1 pm.
• From 1-1.30 pm members of the audience have an opportunity to share their own experiences and opinions.
• Many of us continue our WE day with a planning session where we start thinking about the Fall 2019 series until 3.30pm. We will also try to finalize the topics and potential speakers for next spring.
• We still need a focuser for the last session of the Fall. What are your thoughts on sustaining momentum working for change. If you would consider giving a short focus talk from your personal experience, please speak to any of the organizers and find out more.
• We hope to see you at all or some of the events, and can promise you an intriguing day!